Work and education
- 04.2017 – Present | Research Scientist at Daon Inc. Develping and testing biometric authentication systems. (Dublin, Ireland // Barcelona, Spain).
- 12.2012 – 04.2016 | Post-Doctoral researcher at the Biomedical Imaging Group Rotterdam (BIGR) at ErasmusMC and the Department of Pediatric Pulmonology at Sophia Children’s Hospital (Rotterdam, The Netherlands).
- 08.2011 – 02.2012 | Research assistant at the Centre for Cardiovascular and Lung Biology division of Medical Sciences. Ninewells Hospital. (Dundee, Scotland).
- 09.2007 – 11.2011 | PhD in Medical Imaging under the supervision of Emanuele Trucco. Sponsored by OPTOS plc. and NRP at the School of Computing of the University of Dundee (Scotland). [Thesis (pdf)]
- 09.2006 – 07.2007 | MSc in Image Analysis / Computer Vision at Computer Vision Centre of the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (Spain). [Thesis (pdf)]
- 05.2006 – 09.2007 | Research assistant at Ciencies de la Computació at Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (Barcelona, Spain) in partnership with Tecnobit (Valdepeñas, Spain) and CIDA, Centro de investigación y desarrollo de la Armada (Madrid, Spain).
- 02.2005 – 06.2005 | Erasmus internship at École Nationale Supérieure des Télécommunications de Bretagne, (Brest, France).
- 09.2000 – 09.2006 | BSc in Computer Science at Universitat Pompeu Fabra (Barcelona, Spain). [Thesis (pdf)]
- Inventor in a patent application related to “Diaphragm movement quantification” project. 2016
Invited presentations and seminars
- Invited speaker at the 16th DataBeersBCN. “Will biometric authentication replace passwords?”. Antiga Fabrica Estrella Damm, Barcelona (Spain). March 2018.
- Invited seminar speaker on “Thoracic imaging”, Universitat Pompeu Fabra. Barcelona (Spain). January 2017. [url]
- Invited speaker at the international LEAD (Lectures Education Awareness & Discussion in Cystic Fibrosis), “Automatic Image analysis: The hurdles“. Rotterdam (The Netherlands). March 2015.
- Invited seminar speaker on “Deformable registration of retinal FA sequences”, Universitat Pompeu Fabra. Barcelona (Spain). April 2010. [url]
- Poster presentation on “Retinal Fluorescein Angiogram Registration” Scottish Informatics and Computer Science Alliance conference (SICSA). Edinburgh (Scotland). November 2009.
- Oral presentation on “Robust detection of retinal landmarks”, British Machine Vision Association. Inst of Physics. “Imaging in the Eye” conference, London (UK). May 2008.
- Science teaching in a primary school as part of a volunteer placement for 3 weeks. Centro de Educación Integral San Riccardo Pampuri. Bogota, Colombia. October 2016.
- Public talk in Cafe Science Extra, “Computer Vision, Seeing the world through machine eyes“. Dundee (Scotland). October 2011. [Press coverage] [url].
- Organiser of the interdisciplinary seminar “Can we apply medical imaging tools to astronomy data?“. Leiden Observatory (Leiden University, The Netherlands). [pdf]
- Co-supervisor of Katja Mogalle’s MSc project “Characterization of Lung Motion in Pompe Patients using 3D+t MRI Data“. November 2013 – June 2014.
- A visualization of the displacement field between retinal frames of an OPTOS fluorescein angiogram examination made it to image of the month in the SINAPSE newsletter, Jan 2016
- Best presentation award at the Northern Research Partnership (NRP) Graduate School Conference. Dundee (Scotland). January 2011.
- Best presentation award at the Northern Research Partnership (NRP) Graduate School Conference. Aberdeen (Scotland). March 2008.
Courses and workshops attended
- PhD supervision workshop, Rotterdam (Netherlands). Novembre 2014.
- Workshop Advanced Medical Writing and Editing. Rotterdam (Netherlands). August 2014.
- Molecular and medical image analysis and bio-informatics summer school. Lipari (Italy). July 2009.
- Lab tutor for Computer Vision MSc course “Research Methods”, University of Dundee (Scotland). 2011.
- Lab tutor for Applied computer BSc course “Java on-line”, University of Dundee (Scotland). 2010.
- Lab tutor for Computer Science BSc course “Artificial Intelligence I”, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona (Spain). 2006.